Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The day is ripe with blessings for those who see them.

     The day is filled with blessings for those who see them.

     I love the picture above. It's called "Duck Pile" and it's from my lovely bride of more than 20 years, Colette.  She crochets these amazing little animals for family and friends.  I've not yet met anyone who does not get a big smile across their face when encountering these lovable little ducks!

    Colette and I were discussing how when we see the world through a sour attitude, it seems that problems and stumbling blocks fill the way.  Even more interesting is that when we see the world as a great blessing and are grateful for every breath, even more blessings and joys fill our day!

    Tibetan Buddhists have said for millenia now that we are not in the world, the world is in us and what we experience is a reflection of our inner world.  I believe that they are talking about the very fact that so much of life is shaped by our beliefs and perspective.  What we believe eventually becomes reality in most situations.

    Can we then accept that so much of the world is so cruel to each other without acknowledging that if we want the world to be different the change must start with us.  I am by no means perfect.  I have my issues and ego flair ups like everyone.  I do accept responsibility for my own actions and ask that you do the same.

    What can you do today to make a difference in the life of another?  By doing so, you will have an effect on your own life and outcome.

    If you accept that you can shape your own reality, what reality would you have it be?  Keep the big picture in mind.  When you move beyond yourself, life begins.

Peace and great joy be unto you and yours.

Billy B.

No comments:

Post a Comment