Saturday, April 21, 2012

Stop and Smell.


    There is joy in the very moment that you forget thought and immerse yourself in the moment.  I feel that something would be missing in my life if I did not have access to nature in some way.  It grounds me and gives me moments to reflect and just be where the world is without man's constructs.  Be it mental or physical.

    I have discovered that in my own life, there is benefit gained in connecting with nature, with creation that is not part of the human mind.  Feeling the wind, hearing the birds, smelling the earth in all of it's wonder and diversity.

    Do you take time to "stop and smell"?  I wonder what would happen in the world if we could get 75% of the world's population to get out of their head and into nature just once a week?

    Is there a place that has some magic to it that pulls you out of your world and into the moment everytime you visit?

    This is a short entry.  I challenge you to take just a couple moments to get out of your head and into being present wherever you are for just 5 minutes this weekend.  Share the joy that shines through with someone else.

    Have a great weekend and be at peace with who you are.

Billy B

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, I take time in my room quietly to reflect but I certainly need to get out and see the beauty of nature more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mountains definitely do wonders for me! I'm so glad I live so close to them. (Of course a day by the ocean wouldn't hurt, either. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice thought. Great blog. Looking forward to reading your posts :-)


    Mine is http://focusedonthepositive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete